I Have Too Much Going On
I’m a habitual project starter.
Read Time: ~3 Mins.
I’ve been struggling to get things done. Not because I can’t focus on things, but because I’m focusing on too many things.
Freelance work, side projects, youtube, this blog, my newsletter. It’s all kind of been everywhere. The Freelance work is easy to focus on, but the rest is sporadic. What I’m going to do is start giving myself a schedule on when to work on specific things.
My Current Project Queue.
I currently have 5 different things that I want to do for my YouTube channel.
- YouTube Channel Header – This one is pretty much done, just need some minor tweaks and testing and it’s good to go.
- 4 Videos to Edit – I relaunched my channel and committed to posting 1 video per week. That quickly fell off after my recent video. Think it’s been over a month since I last posted a video. I have 4 videos that need to be edited. The work must go on and be completed. I must get these videos out!
- Comicbooky Relaunch – For those of you that don’t know I have another website that I manage. It’s comicbooky.com and it’s a comic book site. Well, it’s actually a comic book merch site and it’s built around making affiliate Dollars. I tried doing the entertainment news thing to get traffic, but it was a lot of work and I don’t have the time for that approach. I stopped posting a long while ago and I’m working on a new strategy for it now.
- Pop‘s Website – This one kind of hurts. My old man asked for a website for his business. I’m building it on my own time and he’s stated that there is no rush, but still it’s for Pops.. Either way I’ve been working on this for far too long. It’s basically done, I just wanted to give him a new logo and brand identity and that’s the only hiccup.
- My Website Redesign – Not the comicbooky one, the one you’re on right now. I want to make some minor changes to make things look better. Nothing major, just slight formatting things on the blog for example (I think the body is too wide and your head actually turns when you read, I don’t want that). Wont take me too long, but it’s at the bottom of my list.
Is a lot more work than one would think. I’d like to get on Paul Jarvis level of writing, but he’s insanely good at what he does. Coming up with things to write about, writing about those things, adding gifs, SEO work if needed.
I’m going to go for 2 times a month or biweekly postings. I tried to go every week and it just got out of hand at one point and I dropped it all together.
The thing that got you to this post, well for 7 or 8 of you at least (lol). I want to grow it as much as possible. It need to be a focus, but first I need to name it and optimize it. You can sign up for the newsletter here btw.
Why Did I Just Make You Go Through My To-Do List?
Because This post right here will always be updated. I’m going to use it as an accountability tool. A public posting that will show if a project is still out there in the wind. As I finish projects I’ll remove them off of here.
Here’s a Chance The Rapper gif just for kicks.
I don’t do comments anymore.
I find it to be a waste of time to leave comments open. If you want to talk about this please hit me up on twitter. @ramoncreates.